Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The mystery is solved

For Christmas, Brandon and I bought Cade a set of Bible story books that were still easy to read, but had a little more substance than the super short versions in his toddler Bible.  One of them is the story of Adam and Eve.  We've read the story countless times, and afterwards he always gives me a re-cap, but it's always incorrect whenever he comes to the dialogue between Eve and the snake in the story.  This is the usual converstaion...

"Mommy, the snake told Eve "no, no don't eat dat apple", but God said "yes" eat it."

I would always correct him and tell him that it was the other way around.  I would explain why God didn't want her to take the fruit, and how it hurt God for them to disobey.  He'd still give me the same summary 5 minutes later.

Well, today, his reasoning for this came out.

After going through the whole routine of correcting him, I asked why he kept saying God told her to eat it. He said, "Mommy, God wouldn't want Eve to be hungwry.  Dat snake is mean, and he wanted to take her food!"  My heart smiled.  He knows that God is the Great Provider.  Now, I must be sure to teach him about the jealous God who wants our obedience and fellowship.

Well, that mystery is solved.  Now if I can just get him to stop randomly shouting "Let my people go!  I'm gonna turn a stick into a snake and he's gonna eat you!"  Yeah...he's coming up with his own little Bible story blend : /

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates