Friday, July 19, 2013

Hugs not Drugs



Things I should never do while under the influence of drugs...

  • Select movies on Netflix.  Like Crazy?!?  Y'all, by the end of it I felt like I  was crazy.  I mean, how many times can these two people possibly be separated and then passionately reunited?  I lost count.  About 30 minutes in, my percocet (which I had to chase with a phenergan to combat the pukiness) started kicking in, and this absurd story had me sucked in.  Balling like a baby for these people, and I didn't even like them.  If I'm gonna cry for you in a movie, I have to like you. From now on, if I must watch something while on drugs,  it needs to be something happy and with an ending that doesn't make me feel suicidal. 
  • Pay bills.  Yes, I did pay a handful of bills while intoxicated and watching the most depressing movie known to man.  I was so glad to find an inbox full of payment confirmations this morning because I sure as heck couldn't remember which ones I'd paid.  Luckily, there were no duplicates.
  • Be required to move myself from one room to another.  Pain meds make me nauseous. Not mild morning sickness or a little stomach bug nauseous.  Like, "can't open my eyes or lift my head without having the intense feeling about about to lose it all" nauseous.  This doesn't pair well with a bladder that look a pretty hard hit after birthing a toddler and now seemingly has the capacity of a toddler's.  Next time, I'll just bed down in the tub.  
  • Rely on medical equipment to move myself from one room to another.  Right now I'm in an air boot on my left ankle.  I'm 7 weeks post op and in enough pain to wish I'd never had the surgery.  Of course, I know that's not logical or how I really feel, but still.  I also have my roll-a-bout still hanging around since by dinner time my ankle is DONE.  So, just picture me...trying to decide if I have time to put my boot on before wetting myself or if I'd rather get motion sickness (yep) from riding on the scooter from the living room to my bathroom.  I think I sided with the boot, but to be honest, I'm not totally sure.  You'll be glad to know I remained accident free.  
*Pretty sure I still had lots of drugs in my system when I wrote this bc I totally didn't even remember writing it.  It was just hanging out in my drafts.  Ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates