Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grub and Green

Grub and green?

Ok.  I wanted to put two completely unrelated topics into one post because I'm just crazy (or lazy) like that.


First, the grub.


I didn't start Eve on cereal until she was just over 6 months old.  Some call it smart..some call it child abuse.  Oh well.  She's definitely not underdeveloped, and she's slept 11-13 hours a night since 6 weeks of age, so take that.  She is one crazy eater.  I don't even think 1/4 of the food actually makes it to her belly.  She refuses to be fed.  Sheeee wants to do it.  So independent already.  

This is what happens when you try to take the spoon away.  She scrunches up her face, and it transforms into a weapon.



She'd like you to believe she made a happy bowl.  Oh how she deceives.



Worn out from all that hard work.


I just wanted to share some of this cuteness.  I often forget to share tidbits about her because there are so many "Cade stories" to tell.  She is going to be just as big of a handful as he is.  She is aggressive, she is silly, and she can melt me with her eyes.  I'm in big trouble.

Now for the green.  We live in the country.  Some of the people we know think the subdivisions they live in 2 minutes from Dogwood are considered "country living".  Please.  When I say we live in the country...I mean coun-try.  Anyway, this is going to seem really silly to some of you, but to my neighbors, this is going to be a big deal for them, too.  This year was soybean rotation for the fields around our land.  Can I get a whoop! whoop!?  Know what this means?  No more dry, ugly, brownish yellow corn stalks to look at for months on end.  The corn grown around here is not for human consumption.  It's for animals.  It has to be dry, dry, dry to harvest. It's just gross.  

Here are a few pics of what I get to see when I walk out my door this season.  Oh...and as a bonus, you get to see the really cool storm the blew through yesterday.  The deep blue sky looked ahhhmazing against the fields, and the fluffy white clouds made my camera salivate.



To our left


Straight ahead



To our right


This is the first "non-corn" year since we moved here, so that's why I'm ecstatic.  Plus, being surrounded by corn is kinda creepy.  

Corn=creepy...Soybeans=happy...well, for now anyways.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates