Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My kids are too....

Smart. Loud. Funny. Whiney. Strong-willed.

Take your pick.  I'm a little skeered of what numero tres is going to be like.

First of all, we have Cade. Cade will correct you if you use "good" instead of "well" and "right" instead of "correct".  He doesn't hesitate one bit to let you know that you are failing at something because "maybe it's a little too difficult for you, and you just need a lot more practice."  Umm.  Yah.  He desperately longs to be 6 years old because "all kinds of cool stuff" happens when you are six.  In his head, he will be able to ride with only a seat belt, he will be able to ride a school bus, and he will make 400 hundred dollars a day when he reaches the ripe old age of six.  Where does this come from?  I'm 27 and I've yet to concoct a legal way to make 400 dollars a day.

Then there's the new and ehhhh....improved 2 year old Eve.  Granted,  she is 100% potty trained--Day and night.  No dipes and virtually no accidents.  Yes, I do hear the hallelujah chorus in my head every time I think about it--but good night has she thrown us for a loop lately.  She can go from helpful to helpless in the blink of an eye.  One minute she's belly laughing, and the next she's fuming and trying to hit you.  You'd think she was the pregnant one.  Grrrr...

Her saving grace here lately has been her humor.  For instance, after lunch today, she stated that she was going to sit on the table.  Right before she plopped her rump on the table top, I said "Big girls don't sit on top of the table."  She looked at me for a few seconds and busted out laughing.  "Mommy, you said boogers don't sit on the table!"  Now, I know she heard me perfectly.  So, in those five seconds of silence after my statement, she concocted something funny in her head that would make me totally forget the fact that she was sitting on the table for the 100th time this week.  Instead, I'm now wondering how on earth she came up with that so fast.

This is why I fear #3 sometimes.  At the end of almost every day, I feel outsmarted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates