Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Time flies

Blush...gasp

Almost 6 months since my last post.  Really?!?

I won't EVEN try to fill in all the blanks.  I'll just hit the really high and really low notes : )


First of all...


Whaaaaat?  Yep, if you just stalk my life in blogger world, you didn't know this.  I am, indeed, knocked up.  No worries.  The "baby daddy" is my boyfriend, who also happens to be my husband.  Oh, and this is definitely one of the high notes from the last few months : )  I'm 18 weeks, and the kiddos go with us in a little over a week to find out what #3 is.  I say boy, Cade says girl, Eve swears it's a baby : )



Yes.  Tis true.  Baby girl turned 2.  She also told her brother to shut up, went out of state without mommy for three nights, and has decided to quit diapers cold turkey.  God knew I needed another little one because this one is growing up too stinkin' fast.  To celebrate her big day, I made her pink buttermilk biscuits.  Her birthday actually fell on the day of the big Mario and Princess soiree she and Cade shared at a local park.  This was the first party we've had that wasn't "family only."  We asked that no gifts be brought to the party.  Best. Decision. Ever.  No crying kids.  No arguing over the actual ownership of the toys.  No chasing tissue paper around the playground when the 30 mph winds kicked up.  It was lovely.  Lots of Cade's friends showed, and my cake remained in one piece.  


I voiced this plea on Facebook, but I want to repeat it on here.  Maybe somebody will save a sista next year.  If I ever breath a word about making a fondant covered cake again, just slap me.  Hard.  This was the crumbliest fondant known to man.  I divided and dyed into 10 different colors and devoted about 6 hours to it.  I would blame this insanity on hormones or something crazy like that, but let's get real.  My pregnant body was pleading for me to sleep....not sculpt Princess Peach's head at 1 a.m.





Yeah...so I started this blog post about a month ago, and I'm just now wrapping it up to post. Sad.  I know.  I'm now 22 weeks pregnant, and it's a BOY!  Mr. Trek Archer Slay will be here before we know it. Cade has finally gotten out of the denial stage.  He wanted a girl.  Some kinda bad.  He even felt the need to tell the sonographer "Well, he won't be as big as me when he comes out."  Lawdy, let's hope not.  I think he's finally wrapped his head around the fact that he will always be older and bigger than his brother.  Now, if he can just get over the fact that his name is Trek and not Cade, we'll be ok : )

I would just keep blabbing into the next topic, but I should probably cut this one off right here and just start a new one.  Maybe it'll be published before New Year's.  Maybe.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates