Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ain't that a kick in the head?

No, I'm not talking about love.  I literally feel like I've been kicked in the head.  Repeatedly.  With a pointed, steel-toed boot.  But I haven't been kicked.  In fact, I've barely been touched lately because it hurts too bad.  No, what I have is shingles.

No offense, but I totally thought shingles was something only old people got.  On top of that, I thought they were just being whiny babies about the pain.  Well, it turns out a 27 year old CAN get it, and if anything, they down-played the pain.  It hurts.  It hurts like nobody's business.  Now, I'm wishing it WAS an ear infection (what I thought it was when I went to the doc yesterday).

Blogging should be the last thing on my mind right now, but seeing how my contact with the world will be pretty limited for a while, I'm probably going to end up blogging more than usual.  Plus, I'm suuuuper sleepy from my herpes meds (just sounds funny to me), and I have a boy who is fighting sleep some kinda hard. My mom volunteered to take Eve off of my hands for the night, so he's sleeping in their room solo...something I don't think he's ever done.  He's usually the one jetting off to greemaw's every chance he gets, but alas, he has a date with the dentist tomorrow, so he had to sit this one out.  When I just tucked him back in for the 4th time, he told me that he can't sleep without his sister.  Sweet.

Speaking of sweet, my little man is already learning the art of wooing.  While he was running through his nighttime hygiene routine, he decided he'd like to weigh himself.  After he weighed himself 10 times, he decided it was mommy's turn.  He excitedly asked how much I weigh, and I answered him by telling him "too much!"  He thought about it for a few minutes, then he said "Mommy, you don't weigh too much.  You are juuuuust fine."

Well, I guess I'm off to attempt to wash all this horrid product out of my hair.  I had no idea when I got ready this morning that mousse was a no no.  After researching for a bit, I've learned that it can actually increase irritation on my poor, diseased scalp and cause my hair follicles to die.  WHAAAT?!?  I sooo do not plan on losing half of my hair at this ripe old age, so I'm about the wash like nobody's business...or until I feel like fire is flowing through my veins.  Oh, and even lukewarm water feels like molten lava on my scalp, the inside of my right arm from wrist to elbow, and the last two fingers on my right hand, so this should be interesting.

Yeah...this is some pure craziness.  Hoping for a speedy recovery or for some amazing pain meds to show up on my doorstep : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates