Monday, May 9, 2011

Pickin' and choosin'

As I was sitting across from the "napping" kids' room, working on printing out some coupons, I heard the click of the door.  Cade was up.  Well, I guess he was never technically down, but oh well.  I just dropped my hubs off at the airport for a 4 day business trip, so I'm pacing myself and choosing my battles wisely.  Late afternoon nap is most definitely not one of them.  Early bedtime, however, will be : )

Anywho, Mr. Mischief peeks around my door frame with a chesire cat grin on his face and announces he's awake.  "I've been reading my bible in my bed, mom.  I read some great stories.  I read bout the prodigal son (he even got the d and g in the right order...I know a handful of adults who can't even to that)," he says.  All the while, he is inching into what space is left behind me in the chair and choking..err..hugging me from behind.  

After inspecting his bed, a bible has in fact materialized and is hiding beneath his sheet.  I also discovered that his sister, who was in deep slumber only 30 minutes ago, is now bouncing up and down in her crib.  Hmmm...no idea how that happened.  

So, you see why I'm choosing my battles carefully these days.  With his charm and his daddy's eyes, I'm afraid I may engage in battle and lose to my little guy : )  If ditching nap time to read his bible is his worst offense over the next few days, I think we just might make it.

P.S.  Those women who always talk about how much easier it is to drop their husband off at the airport with each business trip...you lie.  Not nice.  Not nice, at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates