Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lovey kids and loogies

First of all, mad props to my man for dominating his interviews and getting a sweet promotion.  I'm super proud of him : )  Not psyched about him being gone 3 out of the next 4 weeks for training, but I know it's a necessary evil.  I'm definitely pacing myself over these next few weeks...easy meals, carefully choosing my cleaning battles, and being a naptime nazi.  Nap-less days just aren't an option when this chick is flyin' solo.  


So far, the kiddos have been super good.  Granted, we've only been alone two whole days, but hey, every hour counts.  Just check out this sibling love : )


They hauled every blanket, pillow, and stuffed critter they could find into their playhouse and begged to take their nap in there.  They were so sweet.  So, I let themmm....stay there until I could grab my camera to snap this pic.  Then, I brought them back to reality and put them in their own beds.  This momma just doesn't toy with sleep : )


This is a super sweet shot that I wish was a video instead of a pic, but I don't think I'll forget the dialogue anytime soon.  Cade was "reading" Eve her favorite book, "Biscuit".  It's a super short, simple book about a puppy's bedtime routine.  I'm afraid it's given them a super skewed reality of what having a dog will actually be like, but it sure makes for a good bedtime story right now.  This dog is basically spoiled rotten. He gets a snack, drink, hug, kiss, blanket, doll, and story before he goes to his bed, and that's still not enough.  He then traipses upstairs and steals the little girl's blanket and snuggles at the foot of her bed.  Most nights, it's a stretch for my KIDS to get all of those things before going to sleep.  A dog?  I don't think so.


Well, I have a kind of a big "project" going on right now, but I'm still waiting for some details to work out, so I'm going to keep you in the dark for now.  If it doesn't work out, you may never know what was going on : )  Pretty shady, huh?

To make up for keeping things under wraps, I'll leave you with the uplifting words spoken to me by my four-year-old son today, while I was slaving away to prepare his gourmet lunch (turkey and cheese w/ fruit).

Cade- "Hey mommy.  You are getting really big."

Now, since I've been trying to explain the growth of Trek and how that affects my size, I was happy he'd finally noticed that my belly was growing.  I mean, I am 29 weeks along, after all.

Me- "Yeah.  Trek is really making mommy's belly grow, isn't he?"

Cade- "No.  Pretty much all over you are getting really big."

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry...or spit on his sandwich.  Just kidding.  I wouldn't really spit on my kid's sandwich.  But I sure would have if it had been an adult, so watch your back...and your sandwiches.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates