Monday, June 18, 2012

Who's that girl?

If Eve didn't look sooo much like me, I'd swear she wasn't mine.  She would paint herself pink, if given the opportunity.  Ideally, all of her food would also be dyed pink.  She ooohs and ahhhs over all things princessy and girly.  Tonight, after I'd pieced only three rows of the quilt I'm making for her together (which has waaaaay too much pink in it for my taste, but I'm sure she'd be happy if it were all just 50 different shades of pink), she exclaimed "Oh my gosh, I never seed anything wike that before.  It's wike so bootiful."  She then declared that it was finished and ran off to her room with it.  After I explained that it needed 15 more rows, batting, backing, about 2 hours worth of machine quilting it, and binding for it to be finished, she reluctantly relinquished it.  I don't know how our DNA meshed to form this girly girl who is so polar opposite of us, but I know I love this girly girl to death.  God definitely has a strong sense of humor.   I mean, just look at this outfit she put on today.


Here's just a few things that have come out of her mouth over the last few days.

"Hey mom, I'll brush my teeth in jus a minute.  I need to color dis picture jus right.  I'm gonna need you to leave me alone till I'm finished.  Okay?  Okay."

I heard her saying "Hey...hey you" over and over, so I said "Hey."  She said, "Mom, I was talkin to me and I was fixin to answer myself.  Just leave me alone." (Are you seeing the independence theme?)

"Cade, weave me alone or I'm gonna spank your booty butt, and I'm not even kiddin."

"If Trek doesn't stop whinin, he's not eber going to get his paciwer back.  He's just gonna have to cry, and I don't care.  He's drivin me crazy." (Oh, I forgot to mention she can be mean as a snake.  Seriously.  Sometimes, she scares even me.)

I WILL get to a post all about Trek.  Eventually.








2 comments:

charla said...

LOL - why God knew we didn't need a girl at our house. What a cutie!

Tyler Slay said...

I miss my niece and nephews. I have to come spend some time with them soon.

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates