Friday, February 14, 2014

Like crazy

There was no one before him.  I prayed for a one-shot deal.  Lord, just don't make me have to date around, and I'll be a happy girl.  

He gave him to me.


Nothing was/is/every will be perfect.  There's no happily ever after here.  The learning and loving curve has not dropped.  There's not a day we don't have to work for our marriage…some days tooth and nail.  

He's loved me through all of my hangups and insecurities.  We've been down the dark, curvy paths of loneliness, judgmental spirits, greed, self doubt, God doubt, debt and depression together, hand in hand.  Sometimes this was solidarity, and sometimes this was just because one was dragging the other along.  From the days of stilettos and tailored clothes to those of  an ankle brace, tennis shoes and yoga pants…he's been there.  He's been ever-present through the pounds, stretch marks, hormonal craziness and recovery birthing three kids in 5 years brings to the table.  

Heck.  He even hung in there through my short hair phases : )


He used to romance me with orange tipped yellow roses and things that cost way too much.  Nowadays, he surprises me by teaming up with his dad to make me a table out of a door, bringing me flowers that look like they could've been snatched out of a field, and a running dishwasher when I walk in from grocery shopping.  

Leadership.  Consistency.  Support.  Companionship.  Those are the things that speak to my heart these days.


It's not that our love has grown lazy or tired.  Laziness isn't really an option with the vows "till death do us part" and 3 kids.  We love every day. In every meal prepared, with every hour clocked and dollar earned,  in every joining of our hands as we halfway doze on the couch after a long day…there it is.   In the elbow jabs to the face he endures as all three kids pile onto him…there it is.  In the simple gestures and gifts that nourish my soul…there it is.  

Love.

  I love this man in a way I never knew existed.  


Like crazy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates