Thursday, February 6, 2014

So this is 30

Yep.  It finally arrived…the big 3-0.

And I'm excited about it!  Will I miss my 20's?  Sure.  But this next decade is going to bring me lots of things, like potty trained kids and more advanced readers that don't make me wanna gouge my eyeballs out with a hot poker when I listen to them.

The 20's were beautiful, heart-breaking, soul-searching, baby-producing, love-stretching years for me.  They're when I married my first and only love.  It's when I went from taking care of a sick husband and being the primary source of income, to being able to come home to serve my family while he provided for us.  In this time I bore and birthed three amazingly healthy, beautiful, and funny blessings.  Between college, summers and marriage, I lived in at least 8 different homes during this time of my life.  This is when I learned all about medical collections, credit scores, and financial frustration.  I've seen friendships fade away, but I've also met some incredible folks who I can't imagine not having in my life.

I've had plenty of stress and "why God?" moments in this season of my life.  So many times I felt like I was completely broken and bone dry, only to be blindsided with a new problem, bill, or sick baby.  But…and I know some of you are about to give me a big ol' eye-roll here…I'm thankful for each and every moment my 20's gave me.

You can stop rolling your eyes now.

Seriously.  They've molded me so much…to the point of being nearly unrecognizable in some areas.

I've slowed down.

I've learned that saying "no" for now is OK.

I prioritize my marriage more.

I'm more receptive to grace and give more of it.

My heart hurts for people and burns over injustice.

I could care less about what society tells me my kids should be doing academically, athletically or socially.

I've realized everyone is doing the best they know how with what they've been given.

I focus less on being religious and more on being a disciple.

I own like 5 pair of shoes and wear several items multiple times a week (my nickname used to be Imelda Marcos).

How could I not be thankful?  I've had experiences some don't see in their lifetime.  I can talk to and empathize with people I wouldn't even make eye contact with years ago.

Gifts.  Precious and priceless.

The gift of cooking for, snuggling, teaching, disciplining, discipling, and nurturing these kids every day.

A husband who knows, really knows, ME, and gives thoughtful, simple gifts.


Experience that's taught me to value relationships with my kids over perfection and schedules.



So.  If this is 30, bring it.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates